Flo-Joe 2013-2014 Essay

FLO-JOE 2013-2014

Phrasal Verbs

This phrasal verb means: " to step down from an important position" Bovenkant formulier

The girl decided to step down from her function as Theatre Director because of pressures at home. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to lie with the legs and body within a straight line" Bovenkant formulier

The doctor asked him to stretch out for the couch thus he may examine his leg. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to gradually prevent using a product or service" Bovenkant formulier

The company happen to be phasing away their outdated accounting system and designing a new style. �

This phrasal verb means: " to start to fall asleep"

Bovenkant formulier

I was observing the TV last night when I started to drift off. I just didn't want to keep my own eyes open. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to exhaust your self through excessive work" Bovenkant formulier

In the event she doesn't slow down a bit at work she's going to burn herself out. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to work with something that is in reserve or perhaps saved" Bovenkant formulier

I used to be able to pull on some of my savings to pay for the holiday. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to succeed by the narrowest of margins" Bovenkant formulier

The go mark was 60% and she only managed to scrape through with 61% Today's phrasal verb means: " to steal some thing and have it away" Bovenkant formulier

I was swindled on holiday recently. Whoever did it made away with all my personal travellers cheques. �

This phrasal verb means: " to start to work extremely hard"

Bovenkant formulier

The exams start in two weeks therefore i need to knuckle down to a lot of serious modification. �

Modern-day phrasal verb means: " to accumulate"

Bovenkant formulier

I've acquired so many things mounting up at work. I might have to work late to get things done.

Today's phrasal verb means: " to learn about something"

Bovenkant formulier

I'm not really acquainted with the newest product. Would you describe that to me?

This phrasal verb means: " to send off a strong smell"

Bovenkant formulier

It was seriously strong cheese and offered off this kind of terrible smell that stuffed the whole property. �

Modern-day phrasal action-word means: " to deceive"

Bovenkant formulier

I didn't be deceived in simply by his tale about being poor. This individual comes from a really wealthy background. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to be charged too much money for something" Bovenkant formulier

You can aquire the same clothes in town intended for half whatever you paid for it. Now i am afraid you were ripped off. �

Today's phrasal action-word means: " to trigger someone to become unconscious" Bovenkant formulier

The boxer was knocked in the tenth round. �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to reprimand"

Bovenkant formulier

The teacher ticked off the males for acting rudely.

Today's phrasal verb means: " to put straight down with force"

Bovenkant formulier

She was furious together with the receptionist's frame of mind and criticized the phone straight down in anger. �

This phrasal verb means: " to have an idea"

Bovenkant formulier

Somebody inside the marketing office has strike upon this kind of idea of giving away free pens to anyone that visits school.

Today's phrasal verb means: " to force someone to make a decision" Bovenkant formulier

Listen. I'm going to need to pin you down to to start a date soon. Once can we anticipate to hear from you? �

Today's phrasal verb means: " to eliminate"

Bovenkant formulier

The soldiers was able to mop up any proof of resistance through the rebel soldiers.

Today's phrasal action-word means: " to treat somebody strictly for bad behaviour" Bovenkant formulier

He was a very strict educator who arrived down very bad behaviour.

Today's phrasal verb means: " to originate from"

Bovenkant formulier

Her fear of water suspension springs from the time she was pushed in the swimming pool as a child. � Present phrasal action-word means: " to decrease or become less intense" Bovenkant formulier

It looks like the rain is definitely beginning to ease off. Shall we head out now?

This phrasal verb means: " to deteriorate someone's capacity something"...